Google

Monday, July 11, 2005

Woke Up Quick At About Noon Just Knowin' That I Had To Be In Midtown Soon



It looks like Hurricane Dennis will just barely miss Memphis, but the rain is a welcome retreat from the hellish temperatures we've been having. I fully welcome any tropical storm that brings cool weather to the Mid-South. The dog days of summer are in full effect, and when the afternoon comes down like a burning ember on your face, it sometimes makes it difficult to update. After a hot, dry spell of almost six days, during which so much happened, I figured I might as well try updating for a minute.

First of all, there were MANY birthdays this week amongst my friends. A big happy birthday goes out to J-Witnesse, Nathan, Piper, Marcus, and Dan and, of course, to any other July birthday folks I missed. All of your parties were attended, and all were enjoyed.

The Makeshift Records benefit at the Hi-Tone last Friday night was a success. Thanks to everyone who came, they were able to raise a great deal of money for the future endeavors of their cooperative. Stay tuned for the next Makeshift benefit coming soon.

This coming Saturday, be sure and come to Pho Hoa Binh on Madison for Augustine and Living Better Electrically. It's an all-ages show, the cover is only $5, and they do serve beer (to people 21 and up with valid driver's license). The following Wednesday, July 20th, I'll be making a live appearance at The Hi-Tone with the amazing Tim Easton (a wonderful singer/songwriter who has just finished recording with Gary Louris of The Jayhawks), and Bret Preston (of The Lights).

Finally (at least for right this moment), I'm looking for anyone who is studying radio or television broadcasting at the University of Memphis to get in touch with me. I have some questions I'd like to ask about an upcoming project. If you know of anyone, have them get in touch with me thru my MySpace profile or thru my Blogger profile.

Now, don't stress out too hard. This crisis will be all over soon and then there will be another one to have to deal with, so try to keep an even keel? Word.

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.