Google

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Pastor Potatoes? Can I Have Some More Lithium, or Why Love In Action Has Some Big Problems.



Apparently, among the laundry list of problems that explain the core of Love In Action's inability to become licensed, is serious medical malfeasance. I have learned today that Love In Action has been dispensing medication to people with mental illnesses, and the Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities is none too happy about this. A story should be forthcoming regarding all of the potentially damaging stuff facing Love In Action, but inevitably it comes down to a couple of minor bullet points:

  • Potential insurance fraud
  • Prescribing medication without a license

These are very serious matters of which the state has become aware. The big fear among those of us who rallied for attention to their practices is that Love In Action may be trying to martyr itself by ignoring the state's demand for compliance. It reminds me of an old joke I've heard a dozen or more times (with sincere apologies to those recovering from Hurricane Katrina, this joke is not aimed at you in any way):

A man is stuck in his house when a flash flood roars through his neighborhood. The water rises up the porch. A neighbor comes by with a canoe and says, "Need a ride?" The man replies, "No thanks. God will take care of me." The man in the canoe paddles away. The water rises up the second story of the house, and the man is standing in his second-story window. A large boat comes by, and the captain offers, "Would you like me to get you out of here?" The man replies, "No thanks, God will take care of me." The flood water soon rises to the top of the house. The man is left standing on the roof. A helicopter hovers over him. The pilot offers to lower a ladder down and rescue him, but the man still says, "No thanks. I know God will save me." The man drowns, and when he gets to heaven, he says, "God, why didn't you save me?" God replies, "What do you mean? I sent two boats and a helicopter for you."

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.