Google

Monday, August 29, 2005

Bands To Watch: Katrina and the Waves



Nobody's "Walking on Sunshine" today around here, and nobody's laughing either. Homes are flooded in New Orleans, Jackson, MS is on track for the storm, and many friends have arrived in Memphis. After helping Dr. Abby and Aaron pack up their apartment on three hours of sleep, I spent the day trying to get eBay items ready to ship out. The bad news that Hurricane Katrina would definitely hit New Orleans had not reached me at that point, but as the internets do, I came to realize what would be coming. To the best of my knowledge, all of my friends and family are safe, and to anyone stuck in the mess down there, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Memphis is not out of catching a piece of this mess, we'll be getting some rain and thunderstorms today as well. Watch for weather advisories, we will see them as the day progresses.

To the people overcharging those racing from the storm for gas & other services, all I can say is that I wish nothing but pain on each and every one of you. I hope someone comes after you and shuts you down for good, you know who you are and you are a great example of what happens when ignorant people don't use birth control correctly.

Legitimate concerns over the jump in the price of gas as a result of the hurricane's impact on oil production (25% of domestic oil production occurs in the region being hit) are everywhere in the news today. A barrel of oil surged in price. Already battered by economic troubles, these are difficult times in which to fix our bicycles and learn to ride them once again. Public transportation seems like an excellent alternative to unnecessary use of automobiles (except for long trips).

I'm sure I will update more later on, but the horrible punchline of this post came to me in my sleep last night. Stay dry and safe.

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.