Google

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I'm Gonna Miss You, Jerry Orbach.



Many years ago, when I was lost and hopelessly confused about life, I discovered the television show Law & Order. Maybe because my father, Jay Fred, was an attorney, I became glued to the television set. I watched feverishly, and I never seemed to be able to get enough episodes. Detective Lenny Briscoe, the smart-talking, fast-moving detective machine played by Jerry Orbach was someone I could relate to. As infintely fascinating as any character in television of the last 30 years, I always looked forward to hearing what he might say next.

It turned out that I had been a Jerry Orbach fan for many years and never realized it. He was a great Broadway actor, had appeared in dozens of films I had seen and enjoyed, and was generally revered by the New York acting community as the quintissential actor's actor. When I was in school at New York University, there was a select community of working actors that you would always hear about. None was more revered, apparently, than Jerry Orbach.

His contribution to the community of New York City, to acting, and to the lives of millions of television and film viewers will never be forgotten. Rest in Peace, Jerry, and thanks for all the inspiration.

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.