Google

Thursday, March 31, 2005

I Hope You Got To See Guitar Wolf On This Last Tour -- I Didn't And Now I'll Forever Be Sorry. Billy Bass Wolf R.I.P.



I have some absolutely horrible news to report, unfortunately. Hideaki Sekiguchi of Guitar Wolf (better known as Billy Bass Wolf) has died of a heart attack. Here is the message from Guitar Wolf about this terribly sad news.

3/31/05 Update - Billy's Passing

This is never easy. Please excuse me if I start making no sense. Hideaki Sekiguchi, AKA Billy, has left this world this morning, due to a heart attack at the age of 38. Billy was a brother, one of the wolf pack. He rocked harder than anybody in the room, and I would feed off that energy. He was a great friend, and I can't really do him justice when I'm like this. He was too young to go, he still had some rock let in him. Lately Billy was acting a little odd, he said nothing was wrong. That's just like him too, the hardass. God damn it. Some of you may have had the chance to meet Billy, you know how awesome he really was. I just can't believe it, he was there from the beginning. I know Billy's up in heaven rocking out, keeping all those mother fuckers up at night. I bet he'll start a band with Joey Ramone and Elvis. He would love that.

Sorry guys, but all shows are now cancelled. I hope you understand. Please don't flood us with letters/e-mail asking us when we will continue. I just don't know what I'm gonna do now. It was always me and Billy. He would want me to keep rocking, and I just might. Anyway, I've got lots of stuff to do, and think about. I love you Billy, god speed you.

Seiji, Guitar Wolf


More information from the Guitar Wolf website regarding funeral arrangements and vigil

We regret to inform you that Hideaki Sekiguchi, a.k.a. Billy has passed away by heart attack
in the morning of March 31st., at the age of 38.

Vigil and funeral information is as follows:
Vigil: 18:00p.m.(non-relatives 19:00p.m.) on Tuesday, April 5
Funeral: 10:00a.m.`11:00a.m., The Hearse to Leave at 11:00a.m. on
Wednesday, April 6
Place: Rinkaisaijo http://www.rinkaisaijo.or.jp
1-3-1, Tokai, Ohta-Ku, Tokyo
Phone: 81-3-5755-2833
*Since there is NO parking lot, we kindly ask you not to drive to the place.

We announce that all shows will be cancelled.
We hope to have your understanding.

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.