Google

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Change of Plans: Help Fix My Car and Donate To American Red Cross

Before the hurricane disaster hit New Orleans and Biloxi, I was prepared to donate 10% of the $750.00 in contributions I'm raising to fix my car to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. In light of the current situation, I can't help but want to change that -- the people of New Orleans and Biloxi need our help. I am going to be able to get part of the damage to my car repaired as soon as I hear back from my friend (enough so I can get her driving again), but I am still in need of substantial help with that effort.

Rather than focus on the Susan G. Komen foundation, I would prefer to change my goal and pledge whatever money is left over from my fundraising (which at this point will be substantial) to the American Red Cross to aid in disaster relief efforts in New Orleans.

I am contacting Fundable right now to make sure that this is workable. Please leave any comments you may have or simply click here to make a $7.50 contribution using PayPal or any credit card to complete this action.

To my friends stuck down in New Orleans, Biloxi, and Jackson, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please write or call when you can, I know communication has been difficult & by the time you read this you'll probably have already called.

If you don't want to contribute to either my Fundable action or American Red Cross, that's ok -- here is a great list of other legitimate places you can make donations that will aid disaster relief efforts. Whatever you can do right now to help these people, that's what really matters.

As for me, sure I need a car. But these people need much more than that right now. Many have lost everything they own, are regrouping, trying to figure out where they can migrate for six months or more, and many of the apartments in and around the outskirts of New Orleans & Biloxi have already been taken over by F.E.M.A. people.

Now is a time when we can all come together, even in a small way, to help out the people who are really in need right here at home.

Click here for the latest reports from Google News.

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.