Google

Saturday, October 08, 2005

I Want To Do Something For My Birthday

When I finally climb to the top of the hill on Monday, I'll be standing atop the mound of the past looking down with curious anxiety. This year has been a mixed bag, filled with howling crescendos and gurgling flat chords that etched their own little symphonies into the songbook of my universe. In the words of the great philosophers and poets Frank Beard, Billy Gibbons, and Dusty Hill, "I been up, I been down, take my word, I been 'round" -- though I feel that G,H, and B reach boldly at the crux of the matter when they profoundly follow this already deeply fundamental philosophical thought with the words, "I ain't askin' for much. I said, Lord take me downtown, I'm just lookin' for some tush."

But I am a slave to the job right now, and I've never been happier. That's the drill, and so I'll be spending my Monday watching a car driving down a road over and over again until it looks good. Or so I hear through the grapevine.

I'm going to catch up on laundry, sleep, and emails. Everyone have a beverage of your choice for me on Monday & please kindly excuse me while I kiss the sigh.

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.