Google

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Band I Can't Get Rid Of - Zero 7




Click the title to hear Zero 7's "Destiny"

With Scenestars on hiatus for the holidays, I had to write something dammit. I can't help it, I had to, this music will not go away and leave me alone. So here it goes:

Sam Hardaker and Harry Binns were two lads from London who did it like producers should: they interned in the right places. Fortunately their mate, Nigel Godrich, was hard at work on some rubbish by this band called Radiohead and asked them to remix "Climbing Up The Walls". Now, remixers don't always know what they are remixing until they hear it some place, folks -- as was the case when the lads heard their bits on BBC's Radio One. Then was the time for Zero 7 to be born.

Along came the album, Simple Things in 2001 and, well...it is pretty much the most perfect downtempo recording I've ever heard. I've become like the rest of the world, missing the initial hoopla about them until I saw Garden State and realized how much I loved the one song. Then, listening to SomaFM's Groove Salad, I caught this song and damn near fell out of my chair. Once I had the album, I can't say I've really listened to anything quite this much since Christmas day. I can't get them out of my head, I can't. It's that wonderful.

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.