Google

Monday, March 07, 2005

Oh, Screw It. I added all of the Fiona Apple "Extraordinary Machine" to My Radio Blog.

I had a long phone conversation with Andrew Harms at 107.7 The End this afternoon. I really like this guy, people. He's the ultimate music fan in the ultimate position at one of the best stations of its kind in the United States. After talking to him just a few minutes, I realized that people like him were the reason I ever got involved in music & how lucky Seattle is to have someone like him on the air. We talked about mutual friends, and of course we talked about the Fiona Apple record for a while, what happened, why the label are being so bottom line about the whole thing. Harms made the comment, and I agree with him that, "The more people that hear it the better, simple as that. When I played the record on the air, it wasnt a fuck you to the label or to Fiona. This CD...it's great music and I knew people would be interested in hearing it. Great music like this should be heard by as many people as possible." Surprisingly, according to Harms, there's been no comment from Sony, Epic, or any of the Fiona people about the record being out there. Nothing. Not a peep.

More of my conversation with Mr. Harms will appear on Scenestars in the next few days. In the meantime, I added the whole album to my radio blog. Listen to it, and I hope you'll agree with what a brilliant piece of work it is. Now go down to Ivar's and get you some of those clam strips. I'm gonna go rock the casbah.

01 Not About Love
02 Red Red Red
03 Get Him Back
04 Better Version Of Me
05 Oh Well
06 Oh Sailor
07 Used To Love Him
08 Window
09 Waltz
10 Extraordinary Machine
11 Please Please Please

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.