Google

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

New American Artists: Alex Pilkington

Every now and again, I see really great work from young artists here in Memphis. Now, in the art world, people know about Memphis College of Art, but I don't know that everyone is quite so familiar with our little secret. It's one of the most widely respected fine art and commerical art schools in the United States. As such, it attracts a wide range of people who seek to hone their skills. So I'll be using this space to highlight some of the artists I really like over the next several months. I'll try to do one a week. Here is some work by Alex Pilkington that I hope you'll dig. I like his interest in propaganda & particularly his love of propaganda as art. He also creates some of the best stencil work I've seen in a long time & hopefully you'll see some of his work around town. Where? Look around...you'll see it.








This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.