Google

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Three Days Left and Counting, And My Nerves Feel Like Hard-Boiled Eggs

If I don't get a piece of house falling on me or something, I will be out of this movie in time for Voodoo Fest, Halloween, and a few other things. Crew calls generally require a 12-hour turnaround for everyone. Just to let you know how hard we are working, the show went from a delightful 9AM crew call at week's beginning to a late afternoon crew call by today. It's only Wednesday. The days are starting to run together. I actually find that I can't sleep more than 5 hours a night anymore. I finally look my age. I think I caught about 5 years working on this project.

But it, and the people associated with it, have been nothing except wonderful. I'm going to miss all of them, and I can't wait until we do it again next year.

Where it's been tough, I've seen it as a chance to toughen up and learn something. Where it's been easy, I've been grateful for the work.

So now what? In the wake of the film, I will be trying to rest, regroup, deal with some medical issues that have come up during the filming, and refocus my efforts. Going to work every day, I am reminded of how very fortunate I am to have had so many interesting events, occurrences, and situations just fall into my lap this year. Rather than it being an egocentric experience, it has rather been a humbling experience that has rejoined me with an important check and balance: humility.

I used to do this thing whenever I felt anger towards people, a thing where I prayed for them to have everything I ever wanted to have for myself in life. This experience has brought me to a checkmate on that relief point, namely, "What if the person I'm saying a prayer for already HAS everything I've ever wanted for myself?" This is a question I'm hoping to get an answer to soon enough.

I'll have many fascinating stories to share in due time. For now know that though I am distant and busy, I am thankful to the people in my life for giving me the chance to become myself.

That gift is greater than any I could ever buy.

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.