Google

Thursday, February 10, 2005

No, Honey, I Didn't Get Back Into Bed This Morning.

Believe me, that wasn't your loved one climbing back into bed with you at 8:05 CST this morning. Guess what, New Madridites? A quake registering 4.1 hit this morning in Arkansas, 45 Miles North-Northwest of Memphis, and I damn sure felt it. I woke up to the shaking, and my mind went, "Oh wow. An earthquake. Well, it will be over shortly." I lived in Los Angeles for a minute, and waking up to shakes and bumps was nothing new to me.

The problem is, New Madrid has been quiet for a long time and even The Memphis Flyer, the free weekly we all love to snark about in Midtown, actually wrote a piece on this just last week. I hate to say they told us so, but chalk one up to Janel Davis for timing being everything.

Now go make sure you back up your computers, get food that doesn't require cooking, a few candles, and that generator your mom bought during the great Derecho of July 22, 2003. Who knows, we might not need it, but better safe than stupid.

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.