Google

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

What's the proper wine to go with dead rat?


Reuters Entertainment News is reporting that at long last, someone has sued the NBC Network after seeing an episode of Fear Factor where contestants were forced to eat and drink dead rats. The $2.5Mil lawsuit has received no comment thus far, but I can't begin to imagine. I have only spent a total of maybe 20 minutes ever watching Fear Factor, not because I'm some big wuss but because let's face it, this guy is right: it's not scary, it's gross.

It angered me a bit last night when I was watching one of the only weekly reality shows I enjoy, The Amazing Race, and they forced contestants to drink pig's blood as part of a traditional ceremony. In addition, contestants were forced to eat a traditional Hungarian soup made with very strong spices. It was so spicy that it caused several of the contestants to vomit while eating. At one point, one of the contestants with only a little left to eat accidentally vomited back into his bowl a small amount of soup. Viewers were forced to watch him consume the last of his soup which contained his vomit. This made me quite ill and, in fact, makes me ill even describing it.

Hey, I like a good scare. I like to be mildly grossed out every once in a blue moon. It keeps my sense of reality actively checked. But you know...while I'm all for shock value in my entertainment, I have to wonder what people consider to be "going too far", don't you?

This Website and all Original Content herein is ©2004-2005 E.J. Friedman.
All MP3's/Audio Clips are here for SAMPLING PURPOSES ONLY.
If you represent an artist whose original works appear here
and you would like them removed, please email me.